- "Graham cracker pilsner malt wraps around hops. Mown alfalfa & slightly sweet breeze from a pear orchard with a satisfying fruity aftertaste."
- "I was up in Vankleek Hill, Ont., recently (for an Oktoberfest celebration at Beau's) and the beer was fantastic."
THE TRACKS LEFT IN THE MUD FROM A SMALL TRACTOR'S LUG•TREAD TELL THE TALE OF HONEST HARD WORK, CLOSE FAMILY TIES AND THE PROMISE OF THE UNPARALLELED TASTE OF AN ALL NATURAL PRODUCT.
Available year-round, LUG•TREAD LAGERED ALE is our award winning, flagship beer. In developing it, we charged Matt (Matthew O’Hara, our brewmaster) with hand-crafting a beer with a unique style and history, that could be made naturally with certified organic malts & hops and that would be incredibly tasty and very drinkable. We brew this tasty golden ale and then lager it to create a beer like nothing else in Ontario.
Golden-hued, crisp and finely balanced, Lug•Tread is our tribute to the classic beer of Cologne, Germany. Lug•Tread is top fermented (like an ale) and then cold aged (like a lager) for a lengthy period. This gives our beer some light ale notes complemented by a lager-like crispness. Lug•Tread displays interwoven malt and hop flavours, subtle fruit flavours and a crisp, lingering finish.
Lug•Tread is the perfect year-round beer with thick, chewy malts to warm in the colder months and a refreshing, crisp finish to quench a summer’s thirst. It is well suited for lighter foods like chicken, salads, salmon, seafood and bratwurst. Monterey Jack, brick or similar light, nutty cheeses are perfectly suited, and for dessert a light apricot or mandarin cake or lemon custard tart would be very delicious.
Have no fear, though – with whatever you serve, Lug•Tread’s subtle flavours will not overwhelm the tastebuds, and its crisp dryness is great for cleansing the palate between bites.
Send us your recipes!
- Gold, 2010 Canadian Brewing Awards
- Best Beer in Ontario, 2010 Golden Tap Awards
- Best Beer in Ontario, 2009 Golden Tap Awards
- Best Beer at the Festival, 2009 Golden Tap Awards
- 2nd Overall, 2009 National Organic Beer Championship, USA
- Best Local Beer, 2009 Metro Readers Poll, Ottawa
- No. 1 Taste to Try Before You Die, 101 Tastes to Try Before You Die, Ottawa Magazine - Sept. 2009
- Best Beer in Ontario (Outside GTA), 2008 Golden Tap Awards
- Gold Medal, 2007 Canadian International Beer Championships
- Best Beer in Ontario (Outside GTA), 2007 Golden Tap Awards
- Best Beer at the Festival, 2006 Golden Tap Awards
- Alc./Vol.: 5.2%
- Malts: Pilsner and Toasted Wheat
- Hops: Perle and Hersbrucker
- IBU's: 21
- OG: 12°P
- FG: 2.2°P
- Recommended Serving Temperautre: 4.5 - 7° C